To support a safe, thriving & inclusive Lower Haight by: advocating for merchants & neighbors to the City promoting the neighborhood to San Francisco engaging merchants & neighbors
LoHaMNA offers the following value to our community by:
• Putting on quarterly Lower Haight Art Walks in conjunction with local merchants
• Holding monthly Board meetings that address safety and overall community development
• Serving as liaison to District 5 Supervisors office
• Providing a forum for police & city representatives to collaborate and share plans for protecting and preserving the Lower Haight
• Organizing Public Realm projects, such as streets, sidewalks and public places
• Facilitating transportation and land use projects
•Funding micro grant program to support local businesses and residents
Monday, May 11th, 2020
7:30 – 8:30 pm
AGENDA (subject to change):
- Safe & Slow Streets Program – Page Street Update
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors Initiative – Update By Dan Johnson
- Public Safety & Health Update by Northern Police Captain Engler
- SF Shines updates and how the program can be useful for businesses reopening, in addition to expanding their operations safely.
Neighbors have banned together and help fellow residents who have been affected or are susceptible to the the virus. Below is an outline of Lower Haight’s newest initiative!
Neighbors Helping Neighbors
Mission Statement / What This is
Neighbors Helping Neighbors is an initiative in collaboration with the Lower Haight Merchants and Neighbors Association, to help out during the COVID – 19 pandemic.…
Due to the current pandemic, all events in Lower Haight are postponed until further notice. This is sad news but due to health concerns and SF City mandates, we are currently unable to move forward. There is no new scheduled date as of now.…
LoHaMNA MicroGrants are small grants designed to have a macro impact for the Lower Haight Community. Merchants, residents, neighbors and members of the community are eligible to apply in the form of reimbursements for implements projects that benefit the Lower Haight community.…
Lower Haight: want to learn more about what’s happening on our streets?
Join London Breed at “Construction in the Haight: What the Heck is Going on?” next Thursday, August 3rd starting at 6:30 pm at 55 Fillmore St!…
Come to the informational Happy Hour at Black Sands on Monday, February 13, to learn more about planting a tree in your front yard or on your sidewalk!…
Alchemy by Alta’s Community Garden interest will close January 15, 2017, with an estimated lottery date of February 1, 2017.
Any resident of San Francisco is eligible to apply for a plot. There will be approximately 56, 4′ x 4′ plots, with handicap plots available.…
There have been subjects and points not fully addressed in the following article @ Hoodline regarding SPARC and LOHAMNA. Here are some points to clarify questions that neighbors and the community at large may have. Read more about LoHaMNA Response to Hoodline Sparc Article