🌴 CALL FOR ARTISTS 🌴
S A T U R D A Y | S E P T E M B E R 7 , 2 0 1 9 | 1 – 6 P M
THE ART WALK
The Art Walk is a free, open to the public event – organized by those who live, work, and love Lower Haight. We welcome everyone – artists and allies alike – to converge on the Lower Haight corridor to check out local shops, pop into gallery shows, and dance to DJs and musicians on the streets.
The next Art Walk – in its 10th year – will be bigger and better than ever – with art trucks, more murals, interactive and experiential installations. Won’t you come be apart of it?
Artists may participate in the following ways:
- Artists can showcase their work in a “Street Gallery” setting. All mediums welcomed.
- Muralists can create a live-painted piece during the event – canvas / panels / wood, etc.
- Installation Artists can create a physical or audio / visual installation inside box trucks, parked along Haight Street at select locations. Inside Dimension: 15′ x 7’8″ x 7’2″ (LxWxH)
- Performance Artists can showcase anything ranging from dance pieces, mime, illusion, etc.
- Musicians & DJs are welcome to apply, however music spaces are very limited.
- Artists working with different techniques or mediums not listed: please be creative, think outside the box, and reach out!
Space is limited, so please apply early – the cut-off for applications is Saturday, August 24th.
The event is free for all to participate and attend. Therefore, we operate like this:
- There is no entrance or registration fee for artists to participate. We do not take a cut of what you sell.
- Participants are required to bring what they need to showcase their work.
- We will work with each artist if they need any materials to complete a project during the event (paint, brushes, rollers, generators, etc.)
- We operate on a case-by-case basis and assist with the development of every idea to ensure the success of the event.
To apply, please fill out the short application form below.