- General Introductions
- Maxine Health Center
Maxine Hall Health Center has plans to temporarily relocate to Golden Gate and Steiner Street Mini Park, which is four blocks from the current location, for a capital improvement project.
Presentation by Maricella Miranda and Bill Blum
- Center provides primary care services in the Western Addition (1301) Pierce St.
- Westside Community Services (Methadone clinic), is also in the building and will not be moving during the construction.
- Renovation and seismic upgrade, paid for by 2016 Public Health and Safety Bond, ADA upgrade
- 3,300 patients served at this site (2/3 from the neighborhood)
Issue: Alamo Square Neighborhood Assoc. is resistant to this, as it will remove use of the park for the neighborhood for 16 months, and 3 trees will be removed (will be re-planted once park opens again).
Please subscribe to community updates about this project at: http://eepurl.com/dIpdsz – subscribers will get emails about project updates and invites to the project’s community meetings.
Questions about the Maxine Hall Health Center capital project? Contact Maricella Miranda, Department of Public Health Communications at 415-206-7193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presentation by Skip Scooters (Muriel MacDonald, Dir. of Public Affairs)
Started in DC in January, Permitted in Portland, testing in San José and Oakland. Skip and Scoot are the only 2 companies licensed to operate in the city currently.
- Permitted for 625 scooters, will focus on the Eastern half of the city initially
- Plan to serve the Lower Haight neighborhood
- Launch in one week (Week of Oct 15th, 2018)
- Fees: $1 to unlock plus 0.15 min to ride (low income plan: 50% off fees)
- 15 mph max speed
Issues: sidewalk riding and parking — they are supporting bicycle coalition (financial contributions), promoting bike lane advocacy; will offer education (videos, Skip scouts monitoring through the city, looking at engineering fixes to control sidewalk riding).
More info @ [Home – Skip Scooters] https://skipscooters.com
- Open Forum
– No Topics