8/13 LoHaMNA Agenda and Minutes
Topic #1 Supervisor Vallie Brown Presentation
– DPW 5 Days a week subcontractors to be added to Lower Haight Corridor for cleaning, education
– Supervisor Brown to work with Recology, DPW in improving Lower Haight Corridor
Main goals of Supervisor Brown
- Solutions for Unhoused Residents to link to the city services, nonprofit services via pilot programs with strong accountability. Exploring use of churches during the day and building a family shelter/new navigation center in the district, as well as using schools as nexus points to link unhoused with services.
- Supporting Housing Opportunity Sites for Development of 100% affordable along with private/public community development initiatives. Working on Parcel K in Hayes Valley to build additional housing. Supporting housing for middle income service sector workforce.
- Developing Clean and Green Initiatives — mentioned Love Our City day on Sept 8.
Other Comments Shared by Supervisor Brown
- Commercial vacancies and exploring ways to fill those spots.
- MUNI – exploring ways to improve MUNI service and reliability.
- Page/Haight Street – re-evaluating current systems on streets due to new ride share traffic flows; LOHMNA asked Brown for support on Page Street Neighborway safety improvements
Legislative solutions like Geofencing will be considered to avoid letting GPS applications and other services direct traffic through residential areas.
Topic #2 Page Street Neighborway Proposal / Presentation
– Presentation by SFMTA on Page Street Neighborway as part of city green connection zones linking different green zones.
– safety measures include a raised intersection and bulb-outs
– For full report see https://www.sfmta.com/projects/page-street-neighborway
Topic #3 Victorian Alliance Presentation
– Presentation by Gail Baugh of HVNA
– 45th annual tour / historic tour on Oct 9th
– more info @ victorianalliance.org – looking for volunteers for docents and Merchant partners
Topic #4 Art Trail SF
– Presentation by David Kriozere on Western Division linking public art trails showcasing public work and linking districts thru public work.